Bespoke Software Development
Websites Village provide bespoke solutions, utilising a wide range of technologies, tailored to your business needs and IT infrastructure. We are used to business-critical software development and taking on demanding project that others don’t, and delivering successful outcomes.
Websites Village leading iBPMS easily allows organisations to configure data flows, business processes and data rules between existing and new data sources. Full data lineage and ownership history, allows easy compliance with new GDPR guidelines.
With a wide range of software skills and proven methodologies, for understanding and documenting software solutions. Our expensive team of developers have over five years experience of taking over software projects and delivering our customers vision.
The thing about bespoke software
Is that it’s bespoke, obviously. It’s made specifically for your company’s peculiarities and talents. It is made from scratch to support your processes. Because actually we haven’t met many people whose company is generic or simple. We work with businesses who have gone past the point of being able to meet their bigger goals with off-the-shelf software. They need something more complex that has been formed entirely to slot in and make things a whole lot easier.
When you start the bespoke software development journey, you can bet that your relationship with your business will never be quite the same again. In a good way, we promise. The way we do software development is very in-depth, with a lot of consultation and care. We’ve learned (yes, sometimes the hard way) that cutting corners just means you have to put in almost as much work but don’t get good results at the end.
Not getting results means that the software functions and does what you told us you wanted it to do, but it doesn’t end up meeting your goals. It takes more than a functional piece of software to really change things in a business, which is why we focus so heavily on consultation (usually consisting of a lot of digging into how your business works and what’s not working there).
We want to finish the project knowing that it’s going to create consistent change in the way you wanted it to. Quite selfishly, we know that if it makes big shifts in your company you’ll most probably want more. We’ve been working with many of our clients for several years and they’ll tell you how that goes (hint – they wouldn’t keep coming back if it was awful).
Software Project Rescue
Don’t panic. We know the terrain; we’ve got the skills and the equipment. We’re the emergency service for software development projects in distress, rescuing stranded organisations and delivering them successfully to the end of their technology journey. We’ve never left anyone behind.
Sadly, a lot of software projects fail for a lot of different reasons. Failure might manifest itself as:
- Costing far more than planned
- Taking far longer than expected
- A product that’s unfit for purpose
- Users not being able to engage or derive value from their experience
- Project standstill due to commercial disagreement or legal dispute
- Knowledge void: the individuals who led your project have gone and nobody knows how to finish it properly
Whatever the causes, Websites Village can put your software project back on track. The first step is stabilisation, where our experienced project rescuers will:
- Rapidly get up to speed with the brief to date
- Identify your digital assets and intellectual property
- Help you track down your source code
- Forensically analyse your project status and preserve whatever they can
- Institute a robust project scope so you can be confident of getting exactly what you need
- Establish a secure physical infrastructure environment appropriate to your requirements
With your project stabilised, the next stage is finishing the job. For us, rolling out a post-rescue software development project means:
- Agreeing a fully scoped, evidence-based plan for addressing your unique requirements
- Committing the right resources and skills to your project
- Building a strong working relationship based on honest and regular communications
- Providing strategic advice to ensure the successful realisation of your business goals for the software
- Adhering to a transparent coding standard to promote continuity between developers for the life of your software
- Publishing a roadmap for future software enhancements and ongoing support
It can be daunting to face up to the need for a software project rescue, but there is reassurance that you can get back on track and achieve your objectives. The key is getting the right software development partner to help, and being open in your communications with them.